An IDX with too much freedom can be a curse
  • So I've tried a few different IDX solutions, and initially was driven to the ones that allowed me to modify them as I saw fit without having to pay an arm and a leg every time I wanted something changed. I used to think that this type of system was advantageous to a guy like me; one who loves to tinker, play, change, etc.

I was wrong. I've been toying with these IDXs for months now, trying to change this and that. Playing with widgets (even created one!), and low and behold - I look up and I don't have any sales.

Really?! All this time trying to make sure my site is perfect and here I go neglecting the very core of my business...selling real estate.

For a guy like me, having the freedom to change things I saw fit with my IDX has been a curse. Does that make any sense to you guys?
    I manage this awesome real estate technology blog and sell real estate in Houston.
  • what idx vendor are you using?
  • At the moment, I'm toying with Displet (www.Displet.com). They've been having issues with getting things lined up with the Houston Association of Realtors though, which I know from personal experience, can be a pain.

What about you?
    I manage this awesome real estate technology blog and sell real estate in Houston.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion