How's your real estate market right now?
  • Houston is doing pretty good compared to other areas, but we have always had a pretty stable market despite the economy. I'm curious on who other markets are doing right now.

What city do you sell real estate in and how's your market?
    I manage this awesome real estate technology blog and sell real estate in Houston.
  • I think this is a very superb question! As I stated in another discussion, we've had one of our best and busiest years yet. Florida was effected harshly by the housing troubles and the economy. I really believe that attitude has a big part of what happened to most real estate agencies here.

Instead of moping and thinking we were doomed, Waterfront went head on to the internet, advanced technology, stripped our spending in other places to forge ahead to the internet. Our median sell price for 2011 is $600k. As a company we have had a lot of success this year, participating in 370 sales.

It'd be interesting to see how other areas of the country are performing.

Waterfront Properties specializes in many luxury waterfront & golf communities in South Florida like Admirals Cove.
  • Whoa; that's great! So would you say that your focus on the internet hasn't detracted from expanding your listings of inventory or have the two worked hand-in-hand? Or in a buyer's market, your focus on the internet has possibly put you in the best position to achieve the most amount of sales?
    I manage this awesome real estate technology blog and sell real estate in Houston.
  • The internet has put us in a terrific position. Most real estate agencies here don't yet know how to leverage their internet presence offline. We have since the beginning kept both buyers and sellers in mind. Typically real estate sites are buyer driven.

We do things entirely different than most right down to our listing presentations and the tools we use in them. We don't take any magazines, newspapers, etc. We take an iPad or laptop. We incorporate things like Google Maps, web searches, web analytic infographics, etc. We also have one person in our office who goes with each agent on their listing presentations to tell our story and build up the agent.

Waterfront Properties specializes in many luxury waterfront & golf communities in South Florida like Admirals Cove.
  • Very balanced, stable and picking up steam :-)
    A tech savvy approach to Calgary Real Estate
  • Houston is doing alright. Still seeing quite a few neighborhoods (including mine) with quite a few foreclosures and short sales. I still think we're a good 3-5 years before the market begins to turn. Hopefully interest rates stay low until then.
  • I'm with Crystal, I think the market here is picking up steam in South Florida. Last year was one of our best years in 25 years....this year is looking to be even better.

• Pretty stable in San Diego despite the economy and consistently on the up trend since last quarter.
    Henry is Marketing Assistant to San Diego Property Management
  • On average, Henry - how much value did sellers lose in San Diego? I'd say it's about 10% here in Houston.
  • Quick update on Houston - nearly everywhere I look, the inventory has dropped and there are pendings everywhere. With the rates as low as they are, I'm really banking on the turn of the market (if it hasn't happened already).

I think this is a good time to do a good analysis to see if things are actually on the up, and email my entire network/sphere to let them know my findings.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion